Meet ‘The Whittakers’

We have lots of new followers/likers/friends here, on Facebook and on Instagram. So I thought it was about time I told you a bit more about us – The Whittakers!

We’re a family of 5! A few of you probably don’t know that! There’s myself – Jordan, The Husband (Nare – Henare without the ‘he’ for those that are pronouncing it wrong, or Henry if you prefer), Jayden who is 17, Brooklyn who is 3.5 and Marlo who is 9 months. Jayden is my step son, he lives with his Mum in the North Island but is still very much a part of our family. I always laughed when people said “Oh a pigeon pair!” when we found out Marlo was a girl, or how lucky we were to get one of each. Lots didn’t realise that there was 2 boys before the girl!

Anyway, a bit about us…

Jordan | I am 24 years old. I am a Whittakers chocolate snob. Except for Cadbury mint oreo, current exception. I was a dance teacher. I was born and raised in Whangarei, NZ. I have one brother. My own wardrobe lacks style because I spend money on the kid’s ones instead. I wear jandals 80% of the year… the other 20% is for chucks and ugg boots. If everyday could be a PJ day, it would be.

Nare | He is 35 years old. He is also a Whittakers chocolate snob. He is in the Royal New Zealand Air Force. He is a super geek who spends his evenings on his PS4 talking to his fellow geeky friends. When he’s not at home, or work, he is playing sports (mainly basketball) or running around in his undies with other brown people (kapa haka). His love of basketball inspired Brooklyn’s name and one of Marlo’s middle names (Kobe).

Jayden | He is 17 years old. He is in his last year of high school. He loves being a gym bunny and also being a geeky gamer (though I think it’s less geeky when you’re 17 than when you’re 35, sorry Nare!). He is into photography and design (woohoo!). He was born and raised, and still lives, in Palmerston North. He is an awesome big brother and Brooklyn thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread. When he was younger, a professional golf coach poached him because he was really good at softball.

Brooklyn | He is 3.5 years old. He goes to pre-school 3 days a week and loves it. He is FULL of character, and attitude (threenager in full swing).  He loves singing and dancing – mainly to One Direction and Justin Bieber. He likes superheros, cartoons and current favourite you-tube videos to watch is ‘Chase’s Corner’. He hates veges, loves meat and treats. His best friends are Hunter and Eli (he will always answer with this if you ask him, it’s quite cute). He absolutely adores Marlo, sometimes too much! He’s a pretty typical 3 year old kid.

Marlo | She is 9 months old. She is scrumptiously chocolate skinned and full of chub. She never cries. She has only just taken to loving solids and goes for anything savoury, she acts like we’re poisoning her with any fruit remotely sour. She has been crawling for a month and has 8 teeth. She has only just started sleeping through the night (like literally, the last 2-3 nights), because we’re in the middle of sleep training her. She is a Mummy’s girl. She is a bit sensitive with new people and doesn’t like strangers holding her (fair enough!).

That’s a wee bit about each of us. Hopefully you learnt something new! We currently live in Blenheim, NZ and will be here for another 3.5 years before Nare gets another posting. I absolutely love it here, it’s beautiful all year round! If you want to see a bit more of our lives behind Instagram and Facebook, you can follow us on Snapchat: thewhittakers

J x

2 thoughts on “Meet ‘The Whittakers’

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s