Meatballs packed with hidden veges, my kids devoured these and Brooklyn (4 y/o semi fussy eater) went back to two extra meatballs! Win!
Serves 2 adults + 2 kids + 1 adult serving of leftovers
- 500g mince
- 1 large kumara
- 2 carrots
- 2 zuchinni
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Pepper & Me Mo’rocckin paste
- Pepper & Me Man grind to season
- 1 can of tomatoes blitzed (if your kids don’t mint tomato chunks don’t worry about blitzing)
- 1 tablespoon Pepper & me Mo’rocckin paste
- 100mls coconut cream
- Pepper & Me Man grind to taste
- Grate all the veg (I do mine in my food processor).
- Add to 500g mince and mix well.
- Take half of the mince + veg mixture and put into a container/covered bowl in the fridge for tomorrow night.
- To the remaining half add egg, breadcrumbs, paste and grind – mix well then roll into balls. I use a cookie/ice cream scoop to keep them even.
- Fry in oil until browned all over, then add all sauce ingredients and cover. Leave to simmer until meatballs are cooked through. If the sauce is getting too thick add some water to thin down.
- We served on couscous (I added Pepper & Me man rub to the water rather than using stock).
The next night we use the mince + veg for Spaghetti Bolognese – just add some tinned tomatoes and anything else you like to add to your bolognese and serve on spaghetti pasta 👌🏼