Recipe – Kids Chicken Korma

IMG_4310.jpg

I know all too well what it’s like trying to get kids to eat vegetables, so I do my best to hide as many as I can into our meals – no complaining from the little people and a happy ‘Mum conscience’. I’ve put together two recipes showing how we use MAGGI 2minute Wholegrain Noodles in some kid friendly meals to achieve a balance of tasty and nutrition. Even better, they are 99% fat free. First up we have Kids Chicken Korma! Yum! This recipe was inspired by a recipe that I saw on @pepperandmenz Snapchat!

Ingredients:

1 zucchini

1 carrot

1 potato or kumara

1 garlic clove

1 onion

1 tomato

1 tblsp oil

1 MAGGI Chicken Korma recipe base

½ can of coconut cream (if your kids are not into any hint of spicy food, you may want to add a whole can!)

1 pack of MAGGI 2minute Wholegrain Noodles per person (it doesn’t matter which flavour, as we aren’t using the flavour sachets)

500g chicken thigh

Method:

• Cube zucchini, carrot, potato/kumara and tomato and peel garlic clove. Put into a pot and just cover with water. Add half of the MAGGI Chicken Korma recipe base and simmer until vegetables are soft.
  • While vegetables are cooking, prepare chicken by cutting into pieces (whatever size you prefer) and slicing the onion. Toss in the remaining MAGGI Chicken Korma recipe base and set aside until the vegetables are almost ready.
  • When the vegetables are almost cooked, start frying chicken and onion in oil on a medium heat.
  • Once vegetables are all soft, blend in blender or with a stick blender until it resembles a smooth puree.
  • When onions are soft and chicken is almost cooked through, add the vegetable puree into the pan + coconut cream.
  • Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is well combined, season to taste if you think it needs it.
  • Serve over cooked MAGGI 2minute Wholegrain Noodles.

Note: This recipe can be adapted to use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand! Get creative!

IMG_4329.jpg

** WIN WIN WIN **

IMG_4348.jpg

I have this fun prize pack to giveaway, so that you can recreate this recipe at home! And even better, you can serve it up to your kids in these awesome mushroom bowls from Haakaa AND they can scoff it with their very own Haakaa silicone noodle spoons! Both of which are absolutely thrashed by my kids – these bowls are the only suction items we’ve owned that ACTUALLY stay on the table! Head back to Facebook to enter!

I hope you like this recipe as much as my family did! Keep your eyes peeled for the next one, and thank you to MAGGI for sponsoring this post and encouraging me to get creative in the kitchen with some noodle dishes!

J x

20 thoughts on “Recipe – Kids Chicken Korma

1. Aimee says:

Yum!! Man those mushroom bowls are adorable…
    Our noodle/pasta hack is using penne pasta (or spirals or whatever) mixed in with pesto and cooked bacon pieces. I also chuck in broccoli, green beans, peas, finely chopped spinach, capsicum, etc, or whatever we have in the fridge. My two kiddies love it!

2. Verity says:

Yum going to try this. Noodle omelette is our go to. Eggs cooked noodles with flavour. Cheese leftovers etc in frypan. Bit messy to flip but so good.

3. Hannah says:

I don’t really have a noodle hack but 2 minute noodle wise.. always get the Asian brands, such a tastier flavour! And the noodles don’t go soggy. Probably not the best answer on a post sponsored by Maggie haha Oops!

4. Rachel Schuurman says:

I’m so going to try this recipe!! Yum!! My noodle hack is just adding some mixed frozen veg in with the noodles for a quick easy vege hit. My little man loves it!

5. wearethevanstockums says:

My noodle hack is to chop the noodles in half once cooked (so my 18month old can eat it) and I blitz up a selection of veges + water and mix it in with the noodles so I know shes getting some veges in with her noodles.

6. Michelle Fright says:

Not realy a hack but if i give my 14 month of noodles we always cut them up first. That way they are easier for her to eat and dont get stuck down her throat!

7. Anna Kader says:

When my little man is refusing to eat anything I chop up 2 min noodles with grated carrots and courgette, cook for a couple mins and boom! Goes down a treat!

8. Kirsty Fraser says:

Noodles are such a lifesaver on those days when mum life is at its best. I find the best way to cook them is fill a microwave jug with boiling water, put the noodles in and cover with a plate. They cook perfectly within a couple of minutes and you don’t need to stand there cooking them. I don’t like my noodles soggy so this is the best way for us. Stress free and so tasty!

9. Lara says:

My favourite noodle hack if you are just feeding them to the kids as noodles you put two ice cubes through it (doesn’t make it watery or anything) but makes it cool down quicker so they can eat straight away!

10. Shah Abdul says:

Use a pinch of curry powder. I used to crave Japanese curry udon noodles during pregnancy! Now we just add curry powder to any of our favourite instant noodle at home! =)

11. Donna says:

Noodle hack: Noodles, grated zucchini, carrot and microwave in boiling water for 2 mins, drain, put on some cheese and tomato sauce, kid has not idea they eating noodles lol

12. Lara says:

My favourite noodle hack if you are just feeding them to the kids as just noodles you put two ice cubes through it once cooked and juice is drained ( it doesn’t make it watery or anything) but makes it cool down quicker so they can eat straight away!