I know all too well what it’s like trying to get kids to eat vegetables, so I do my best to hide as many as I can into our meals – no complaining from the little people and a happy ‘Mum conscience’. I’ve put together two recipes showing how we use MAGGI 2minute Wholegrain Noodles in some kid friendly meals to achieve a balance of tasty and nutrition. Even better, they are 99% fat free. First up we have Kids Chicken Korma! Yum! This recipe was inspired by a recipe that I saw on @pepperandmenz Snapchat!
1 potato or kumara
1 garlic clove
1 tblsp oil
½ can of coconut cream (if your kids are not into any hint of spicy food, you may want to add a whole can!)
1 pack of MAGGI 2minute Wholegrain Noodles per person (it doesn’t matter which flavour, as we aren’t using the flavour sachets)
500g chicken thigh
- Cube zucchini, carrot, potato/kumara and tomato and peel garlic clove. Put into a pot and just cover with water. Add half of the MAGGI Chicken Korma recipe base and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare chicken by cutting into pieces (whatever size you prefer) and slicing the onion. Toss in the remaining MAGGI Chicken Korma recipe base and set aside until the vegetables are almost ready.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, start frying chicken and onion in oil on a medium heat.
- Once vegetables are all soft, blend in blender or with a stick blender until it resembles a smooth puree.
- When onions are soft and chicken is almost cooked through, add the vegetable puree into the pan + coconut cream.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is well combined, season to taste if you think it needs it.
- Serve over cooked MAGGI 2minute Wholegrain Noodles.
Note: This recipe can be adapted to use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand! Get creative!
** WIN WIN WIN **
I have this fun prize pack to giveaway, so that you can recreate this recipe at home! And even better, you can serve it up to your kids in these awesome mushroom bowls from Haakaa AND they can scoff it with their very own Haakaa silicone noodle spoons! Both of which are absolutely thrashed by my kids – these bowls are the only suction items we’ve owned that ACTUALLY stay on the table! Head back to Facebook to enter!
I hope you like this recipe as much as my family did! Keep your eyes peeled for the next one, and thank you to MAGGI for sponsoring this post and encouraging me to get creative in the kitchen with some noodle dishes!